Sunday, April 26, 2009

2 Easy Ways to Kill Your Self Confidence

You’ve probably read tons of "how to build self-confidence" articles in blogs as well as dozens of "you able to do it!" self-affirmations and scores of "make it occur today!" posts to last you a lifetime.

And generally, I adore these kinds of posts myself; positive attitudes and self-confidence could go light-years towards producing one successful online.

Which, of course, is why I must rock the apple cart, tip the bathtub, spread the peanut butter on the down side of the toast, fill up the car with water, shine up the trumpet with sandpaper, add the coffee with carrot juice….in other words, present ideas from the other side of garden! With that, let me now ask you:

Do you give your self-confidence with these two killer stupidities?

1.) Before even trying, intoning to yourself, I cannot do this!

Not trying has one super result - you never run the risk of failure!

‘course, you never give yourself permission to succeed. But if you’re afraid of giving yourself the gift of failure (and hence, learning how to regroup, rebound and return), you’re doing yourself a wonderful favor by telling yourself, I cannot do this. After all, as Richard Bach says….argue enough for your limitations and sure enough…they’re yours.

2.) Apologize for existing.

I used to have this problem myself. After all, who the heck are you to want to run with the big dogs? How on earth could you even consider putting your sorry self next to those who are acknowledged masters and expect to both give and receive respect?

No comments: